/ All Things Beauty

All Things Beauty

This chat is for all things we love about beauty. From your favourite beauty trends to recommendations and everything in-between!
Write something
All HaircareMakeupSkincareFragranceBodycareWellnessMen'sGifts
Most recent
KrissyR🌞
Beauty Adviser
20/11/22-13:43 (edited)
Mascara madness.🥴 Someone should stop me.🤔 I wish I could apply them all at once.😁
Mascara madness.🥴 Someone should stop me.🤔 I wish I could
AReview333
20/11/22-11:30
This is soo pretty!! And a great deal too! 🌼☀️
This is soo pretty!! And a great deal too! 🌼☀️
Magdalena
20/11/22-11:07
Let’s talk about retinol 😊 1. Build up a tolerance. When starting your journey with retinol use a product max 3 times a week for first 2 weeks, then 4 times in following 2 weeks and so on. 2. Always start with lower % of retinol, but when your tolerance is built up and you mowing to higher % product you must back to step 1 - and build your tolerance again. 3. Remember to resign from any other exfoliating products like acids at time when you’re using retinol to avoid irritation. 4. Do not apply retinol on wet skin. 5. Best time to use retinol is autumn and winter, but spf50 is absolute must during this treatment. Even during cloudy days, as uva will cause deep pigmentation if you won’t use spf protection. 6. Retinol must be only use in nighttime routine, avoid applying retinol around the eyes at very beginning as eye skin is very thin. When your tolerance will be built then you can start using retinol around the eyes but with very little % of retinol and eye dedicated product, also then follow step 1. 7. There is no shortcut! Be patient as building tolerance might take a lot of time but it’s worth it, believe me I was there and I’ve done it wrong 😑 speeding too much and ended up with dryness, irritation and burning sensation as all those might happen after 3 days of applying retinol.  8. Key point, remember your skin might become very sensitive so please moisturise your skin, use gentle cleansing products, lots of emollient. If your skin becomes flaky do not exfoliate it, just moisturise a lot.  9. If you have very delicate skin with rosacea be extremely careful. Build up your tolerance like in step 1. But add sandwich routine. Sandwich routine is : moisturiser (wait to absorb) retinol (wait to absorbed) moisturiser again.  10. What to pair with retinol (after you have built your tolerance) niacinamide, low % vit C, peptides, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, antioxidants, PHA acids ( but less that 5%).  Enjoy 😉
Let’s talk about retinol 😊 1. Build up a tolerance. When
Magdalena
20/11/22-11:03
Waiting impatiently 🤩
Waiting impatiently 🤩
Magdalena
20/11/22-05:48
Do you know that most of the micellar water must be rinsed? And sadly it’s not mentioned on the packaging? Micellar water contains micelles and if they not rinsed that keep working on your skin causing your skin be more reactive to temperature changes and drying, irritating your skin. I also found that cotton pads are not best for sensitive, reactive skin. When I exclude the above 2 products my skin became calm, and less reactive, it’s not that dry anymore neither.
Do you know that most of the micellar water must be rinsed?
Denisse
Beauty Insider
19/11/22-22:38
Hello everyone , I am looking for an eye cream for dark circles. Any really good ones ? Like real results not just hydrating and moisturising . Thanks!
Astha
Beauty Newbie
19/11/22-22:13 (edited)
Hi I did a guest checkout on 17th nov and did not received any confirmation email, I have proof of payment on my hsbc card and also on my quidco account through which I logged in. Can someone tell me how to get confirmation no. Please? Update - contacted customer services and issue is sorted now, thanks everyone for your suggestion and support!!
CorruptCrimson
Beauty Newbie
19/11/22-20:09
Hello! I’m new here! Can anyone suggest a good skincare product to purchase on Sephora I’m not sure which to start on. I appreciate any suggestions 💜