/ Beauty Routines

Beauty Routines

We love to know your unique beauty mix. Tell us what 4 products you love the most and why.
All routines
My routines
Share your routine
All HaircareMakeupSkincareFragranceBodycareWellnessMen'sGifts
Most recent
Mattea
Beauty Newbie
10/24/23-15:20
Dont start thinking about makeup unless you’ve got a solid skincare routine down first.
Does your beauty routine have a theme?
Not really
Why do these products compliment each other so well?
Because they all go on your face
What’s your beauty secret?
Moisturiser is vital!
Annor
Beauty Newbie
10/24/23-10:30
This regimen is good for many skin concerns, but it's been a game changer for me with acne. This combo makes a huge difference with inflammatory breakouts and hyperpigmentation.Ever heard of "Accutane" and similar prescription-only acne treatments? They're retinoids - a stronger version of retinol. I was always scared of going down the Accutane route, but I've had really good results with this retinol. Please read in full for safety + effectiveness tips!HOW TO AM:  1. Cleanse2. Marine Hyaluronics [if you have prescription acne treatment, this goes here]3. Vitamin C: Ascorbic Acid + Alpha Albutrin4. SPF PM:  1. Cleanse2. Marine Hyaluronic[if you have prescription acne treatment, this goes here]3. Retinol 1% in Squalene [Vitamin A] HOW IT WORKSIf you deal with acne, you will make a huge difference to your skin if you address two things (aside from antibiotics):  1. Fight inflammation - inflammation is the chief cause of symptoms, abnormal skin texture and scarring.2. Use SPF - UV dries out the skin and causes overproduction of sebum, leading to congestion. UV rays also disrupt your skin's healing process, contributing to scarring and pigmentation marks post-inflammation. Honorary mention: hydration. Often, oily skin = thirsty skin that is overcompensating for lack of moisture. Hydrated skin heals quicker and better too. THE PRODUCTS Marine Hyaluronics Hydrator. I prefer it over TO's Hyaluronic Acid - it's a lot lighter and less tacky. Since this is a water-based formula, make sure it absorbs before applying the Ascorbic Acid, otherwise you're making it ineffective and potentially damaging. Ascorbic Acid 8% + Alpha Albutrin 2%Vitamin C. Strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant; speeds up skin repair, helps reduce sun damage + protect from it. Helps fade marks left after inflammation by blocking further melanin production. Generally, it makes your skin look a lot 'brighter' and healthier. Alpha Albutrin is a sort of 'same destination, different path' ingredient.  Retinol 1% in SqualeneVitamin A. It’s also a strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Retinol speeds up cell turnover (exfoliates) which speeds up the skin repair process. It improves texture and tone, and helps prevent congestion. It’s normally said to be drying, but Squalene is an ingredient that helps hydrate and lock moisture in your skin, so I personally skip moisturising after. Bondi Sands Face SPF 50+ (Fragrance Free) This is a really nice lightweight lotion that absorbs quickly and works below make-up. Note I’m light-skinned - if you’re worried about white cast, I’m not sure how it performs on darker skin. Yes, I fail, but try to use this daily. Yes, even in the overcast UK, even indoors - neither clouds nor windows make you impervious to UV effects (and yes, my dermatologist nodded emphatically in approval upon learning of this habit). The point is, the use of sunscreen has a huge effect on how a skincare routine performs. You may be doing all these good things: hydrating, speeding up healing, lightening marks - and then undoing or slowing down all of this with UV exposure, or worse, exposing your skin to damage while it’s more vulnerable. If you don’t have the spoons, cleansing and SPF are the last skincare steps you should drop. IF YOU'RE NEW TO VIT A/VIT CI've been using Ordinary for a few years - this routine worked for me straight away despite being new to retinol, but both the Vit A + C products above are on the stronger end of their respective categories in the Ordinary line. They might be too strong for you - do a bit of research about how to get started with them safely. Generally, it may be a case of using them a couple times a week at first until your skin adjusts, or starting with lower strengths. I personally haven't had any irritation or peeling - but the SPF probably helps with this too. ;-)P.S. If you're using this routine with prescription acne topicals of any sort, or just combining it with other products, make sure to do research on whether that's safe. Topical acne treatments may overlap with some of these products, or be unsafe with them. Alternate if that's the case, and give your skin a break if it's too much too soon (i.e. swap to cleanse + moisturise + SPF only for a bit).
Sensitive, problematic skin
Vit A + Vit C are both skin powerhouses that address both the precursors that lead to acne, and secondary effects of acne (which are actually the ones that lead to marks!). SPF helps seal the deal. Alternate them in the AM/PM.
It can be hard to stick to lengthy routines. At bare minimum, cleanse + SPF will do.
Anisa
Beauty Newbie
10/24/23-10:20
to double cleanse at night with the moisturizers and use the simple moisturizer and in the morning use the simple cleanser the moisturizer for a simple and affordable routine
no fragrance and simple
they are all very simple products and no fragrance
to double cleanse at night with the moisturizers and use the simple moisturizer and in the morning use the simple cleanser the moisturizer for a simple and affordable routine
Suggested mission See all
Share your first beauty routine
Mija
Beauty Newbie
10/24/23-07:27
😍
perfect lip combo
they just do
i dont have one
Tamy
Beauty Adviser
10/23/23-21:46
❤️ really enjoying these products in my routine
Night-time essentials
They work well at night to help my skin look more healthy
To be consistent
itstessjohnson
Beauty Newbie
10/23/23-20:21
A simple routine for when you want all the hydration!
Gentle but effective!
All work well together and don't aggravate sensitive skin
Consistency is key!
Peachy 👸🏻
Beauty Newbie
10/23/23-17:18
Works so well even if you have oily skin or dry skin.
My favourite cleansers
Works for me so well
Wash your face for 2 minutes or so and make sure to rinse all the products after.
Laura
Beauty Adviser
10/23/23-12:35
The Ordinary has done me a great service since I discovered them. Great ingredients at a great price.
My every daily oily skin routine
I like a gentle cleanser then follow with ingredients to help my oily/acne prone skin and then hyaluronic to boost moisture
You don't have to treat different areas of your skin exactly the same if they don't behave the same.