Home / All Things Beauty

All Things Beauty

This chat is for all things we love about beauty. From your favourite beauty trends to recommendations and everything in-between!
Write something
All HaircareMakeupSkincareFragranceBodycareWellnessMen'sGifts
Most recent
Lisaxxx
Beauty Newbie
13/12/23-17:51
I would gift the Sephoras favourites make up extravaganza with my daughter as she has had a hard time recently with bullying and deserves a treat. I would keep the beauty has no age bundle for myself as a lovely treat for my skin
Phoebe
Beauty Newbie
13/12/23-16:08
I would share the Sephora one with my mum and keep the drunk elephant to my self
Christina
Beauty Insider
13/12/23-16:02
Final sensitive skin recommendation for the day, I've been using the Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Cream. I had used the Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Peptide Lotion as part of a Sephora Community Test and Review and did quite like it, though I was never sure exactly where to put it in my routine. The cream version works really well as a night moisturiser on the sensitive areas of my skin: across my nose, over to my cheeks and on my chin. I always find using a heavy night cream to help with wrinkles is great for my forehead, under my eyes etc, but causes havoc with my sensitive lower half of my face, so I'm trying to split my face and treat areas with different products. The Skinfix cream still feels rich enough to be used as a night time moisturiser and layers well with my other topical treatments without pilling. I find the lower half of my skin texture has become much smoother, and it does feel like a little barrier has formed overnight to lock in moisture.
Final sensitive skin recommendation for the day, I've been
Christina
Beauty Insider
13/12/23-15:26
Another of my favourites to help with sensitivity from the Dermalogica Ultracalming range is the Ultracalming Cleanser. This is my nighttime cleanser and on days when I don't exfoliate because my skin is too sensitive, I use this in the morning too. The cleanser has a lovely gel/silicone like texture and can be rubbed on with fingertips whilst forming a gentle barrier to reduce skin on skin friction. It helps cool down your skin on application. You can remove it with water, but I personally remove it by wiping it off with tissue, so I don't have to use water on my face. Both the temperature of the water and the water quality can have an effect on my redness and using a tissue to remove takes that stress away. I wipe it away in long, gentle strokes to reduce as much contact as possible. The cleanser works well for a double cleanse after makeup and by using a tissue to remove, you can even see when your foundation has fully come off and make sure you don't leave clogged pores behind. One of the great tips I picked up from the Sephora Dermalogica masterclass earlier this year was to use the cleanser as a cooling mask, which also really helps reduce redness when you're getting ready for bed.
Another of my favourites to help with sensitivity from the
Christina
Beauty Insider
13/12/23-14:40
Number 3 on my sensitive skincare list is the Clinique Even Better Clinical Serum Foundation. I'm a full coverage girlie to hide my redness, and this works really well with just one pump. I use a tiny smidge extra to go over and layer up in the most angry areas. This applies really nicely with a damp beauty blender and doesn't oxidize. It contains a product called CL302, which is a natural ingredient that treats pigmentation whilst you wear it. It's also made up of Vitamin C, which my skin is hypersensitive to usually, but manages to tolerate really well in this foundation, as well as hyaluronic acid and a mineral SPF. It's a matte coverage, but it manages to not look flat, even with such full coverage. It stays on really well throughout the day - I do add pressed powder across my problem areas, but setting this with a loose powder or a setting spray will leave it sticking to skin well without needing a touch up. What I love the most about this foundation is that I feel I'm "treating" my skin with something useful to control my outbreaks whilst still keeping my redness covered. I've been using this in place of my YSL in shade CN10 and it feels very comfortable and light, whilst still being high end enough to wear as a formal occasion foundation!
Number 3 on my sensitive skincare list is the Clinique Even
Christina
Beauty Insider
13/12/23-14:30
Next on my sensitive skin saviours is the Barrier Repair from Dermalogica. I've used this for a long time to help with sensitive skin and rosacea, and it has several great ways of using: 1. You can use this as an all over moisturiser - or to "spot protect" across your nose and cheeks. It works really well at protecting skin when you're outside in chilly weather. 2. You can use this as a mask - Dermalogica suggest on flights - but I sometimes use this to sleep in when I'm having a bad flare. It only takes a light layer and is also great on fine lines. 3. You can use it as a primer. It sits wonderfully well under makeup and treats your skin at the same time. It has a silicone type consistency which helps with oily skin and holds foundation in place really well. 4. You can use this to help get rid of the remnants of an outbreak in the healing phase. It works really well to soften skin and protect the spot from pollution by forming a little comfortable barrier over it.
Next on my sensitive skin saviours is the Barrier Repair
Sal123
Beauty Enthusiast
13/12/23-14:28
My current favourite overnight lip masks, they are quite runny in comparison to most lip masks I have tried but they work really well and I always wake up with intensely hydrated and soft, moisturised lips and they are really affordable. I have been really impressed with all the Sephora collection products I have tried. these masks alongside the lip balms and scrubs I would totally recommend, I also really like the pencil eyeliners they are super creamy and are available in a great range of shades, what are some of your favourite Sephora collection products?
My current favourite overnight lip masks, they are quite
Christina
Beauty Insider
13/12/23-14:08
With the cold weather and central heating, my sensitive skin has flared up again, so I thought I'd share my favourite sensitive skin products for anyone else experiencing issues. Alongside my sensitivity, I also have rosacea, and I spend a lot of my time working outside in the winter. I start my day using the Dermalogica Daily Milkfoliant from the Sephora Community Test and Review. I like how it exfoliates, but it's still gentle enough to use with sensitive skin and helps set a great base for foundation. It's a lot kinder to sensitive skin than the Daily Microfoliant and so eases the redness across my cheeks.
With the cold weather and central heating, my sensitive skin