The clue is in the name: ground rules keep us grounded. They create our stable base for everyday get-togethers – but it’s no different to when we’re online. We need our best base forward always; by asking you to follow the below ground rules, we hope to make our Sephora UK Community a creative, safe and happy space for all our members. We know you’ll probably all follow the guidelines as naturally as you’d apply SPF anyway, but we’d like you to familiarise yourself with them anyway. We promise it’s worth it.
We want the Sephora UK Community (the "Community") to be a safe, open and friendly place to share and discuss ideas, thoughts and content – and maybe even a little about our lives outside the Community. These Community Guidelines set out the basis on which you may interact with our Community or the website on which we make it available ("our site"), as a community user ("User").
At its core, we want the Community to be fun and safe. And we know you do, too.
So we’re asking you to please read these Community Guidelines carefully before you start to use our site. By using our site, you’re telling us that you accept these Community Guidelines and that you agree to abide by them. If you do not agree to these Community Guidelines, please do not use our site or join the Community as a User. Please note that if you do not comply with these Community Guidelines, this may result in us taking appropriate action.
Users must be at least 16 years old to use the Sephora UK Community platform.
You may use our site only in a way that is honest and legal and may not use our site:
· in any way that breaches any applicable laws, including national and international laws;
· in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
· to send, upload, download, use or re-use any Content (as defined below) which does not comply with our content standards set out in these Community Guidelines.
Additionally, you must not disrupt, interfere with or misuse our site, for instance by knowingly introducing viruses or anything else which is technologically harmful. This is our worst offender – so please don’t do it. We need to keep everything running smoothly for everyone else.
Our biggest wish is to provide you with a safe Community with inclusiveness and understanding at its heart. In order to ensure that all our Community Users feel welcome, users need to follow our content standards which apply to any and all comments, images, videos or any other material which is generated by Users on our site, including materials which you post or send on or through the site ("Content").
The content standards in this section must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each and every part of any Content. In order to keep our Community a safe environment, we will determine, in our discretion, whether Content breaches these content standards.
Content must comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Content must not:
1. contain any material which is malicious or defamatory to any person;
2. contain rude, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory language or images;
3. promote violence;
4. include threatening, abusive or invasive comments relating to another's privacy, or anything which causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
5. include comments or actions which are discriminatory of any person, company or group of individuals, for example comments of a racist, sexist or homophobic nature;
6. be designed to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
7. contain sexual explicit material, sexual innuendo, sexual language or sexual acts, actions or gestures;
8. promote any illegal unlawful activity such as drug use or violence;
9. be made for political or propaganda purposes;
10. infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or any other intellectual property right of any other person, including using third party intellectual property without prior authorisation. This includes duplicating any other community members content and posting as your own;
11. provide information that allows the identification of an individual without their prior and express consent, such as their last name, postal address, email address, telephone number;
12. impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
13. give the impression that it emanates from us, if this is not the case;
14. include any materials (whether written or visual) that directly or indirectly show any intention of promoting any competitor brands of Lancôme or the L’Oréal group; or
15. contain any direct or indirect advertising or solicitation to buy or promote or endorse any services, products or web links of third parties not affiliated with us.
Let’s keep it kind – always.
To protect our Users, the Community and us, we have the right to remove any Content on our site if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out above. We also have the right to take any further action that we deem appropriate.
Rights you are giving us when you upload materials or posts
By posting any Content on our site, you confirm that you have the right to make the post and that it does not infringe anyone's intellectual property rights (such as copyrights and trademarks).
You also agree that we can use all Content for any purpose, including for marketing, business development and internal administrative purposes.
We may make changes to these Community Guidelines at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to see if we have made any changes, as they are binding on you. These Community Guidelines were most recently updated on 23.12.22]. You can come back and read at any time, and even shoot a question our way if you need anything clearing up. We’re always here to help.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact Frankie directly within the Community platform. We always want to know about what’s bothering you, and we’ll always do our best to listen to what you have to say. Try us!
Most of all though, thank you for helping us to make the Community a fun and safe to connect with other beauty lovers. We know sometimes this kind of connection hits deeper – and we’re so happy to facilitate that. Ready to get started? Head over to Community now to make your first post, comment, or share with us your latest routine. We promise we’re all ears.